My first attempt, wasn't sure the best way to take a pic of it. What do you think?
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
After seeing this pattern on warmfly I decided I needed to make a bunch, but to do that I needed to make a rack so as to not waste the epoxy. Here is what I came up with and my first batch on this rack. Can't wait to do a set of crease flies and poppers on here now. I put the finished flies back in with the hackle attached because I forgot to snap a pic while they were drying. These were done on Allen Fly Fishing 3761 size 10 hooks with the barb crimped.
I don't know if its the winter blahs or what but after seeing all the cool blogs on FTF I decided to make one. I'm hoping this will get me motivated to snap some pics of my ties and put them up for critique/help/tips/whatever. I really only tie bluegill and bass bugs, so that is what you'll be in store for here. A little about myself: I'm 29, married, one son and another due in May. I am currently a grad student at Cleveland State University. This summer I probably won't get out much due to the new baby and overwhelming amount of course work that I'm going to have, but I try to make at least a half hour - hour a night to tie some flies. It helps me to relax after work/school/life. I'm waiting for a order from J.Stockard and I'm going to start cranking out a bunch of Carter's Rubber Legged Dragon's and a bunch of Claire's Daddy's. I did do a bunch of glass bead ants the other day I need to snap a pic of on my new drying rack that I made as well. Till next time...