Saturday, April 14, 2012

Some nymph's and such...

Been tying up a bunch of these. The chartruese Schroeders caddis landed my son's first gill of the season. I have it tucked away for same keeping. I am planning on saving each fly/lure he catches his first fish of the season on to give him one day. He is 3 so when he's a little older he'll understand, at least I hope lol. I poured my first jigs, painted them and tied a few. I need to get some different color paints and wouldn't mind a couple of different molds, all in due time I suppose.

Anyway, here's some pics of some brassies and other assorted nymph's and flies I've been tying. I opened an Etsy store and am considering an ebay store, though their fees are really high but you can't beat their traffic. On to the pics, it was hard to get the wings to show up on the Schroeders Caddis flies but you should be able to get the drift from the pics.

First is a variation of the Cajun tickler that I use. I call it the Peacock tickler because of the peacock hearl and color combo. This one is a size 10

Photobucket
Photobucket

Next a bead headed brassie size 12

Photobucket

Non bead headed green brassie size 12

Photobucket

Bead headed green brassie size 12

Photobucket

Bead headed blue brassie size 12

Photobucket

Bead headed red brassie size 12

Photobucket

Schroeders chartruese caddis size 12

Photobucket

Photobucket

Schroeders caddis in orange size 12

Photobucket

Photobucket

Schroeders green weenie size 12

Photobucket

Schroeders green weenie in orange size 12

Photobucket

Fred Hannies Catalpa worm size 12

Photobucket

San Juan worm size 10

Photobucket

Beaded San Juan Worm size 10

Photobucket

Hmmm for some reason not all the non bead headed brassie photos didn't load, oh well I'm sure you guys and gals can figure out what they'd look like without the bead heads. Next up I will post some pics of the first jigs I have poured, painted, and tied. I only have two colors of powder paint right now, yellow and black, so am somewhat limited. I also only have a 1/32 round non collar jig head mold now also. I am planning a crappie trip for the summer and am hoping to have enough tied to last a weekend for myself and a couple buddies. We shall see. I poured 250 the first run and painted 24 each black and yellow. Now just need to tie them all in different variations to find what works and get some different color paints. I also don't have the camera here or I'd post my son's first gill of the season and my first trout but the pics are on the camera which is with my wife right now. Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment