Monday, April 18, 2011

Been awhile

Well it's been quite awhile since my last post. We were busy painting the baby room so it is ready for when he comes home. If he doesn't decide it's time by the 23rd their going to induce my wife, so by saturday we will have another little one running around. Between that, school, and working 16 hour days its been pretty hectic around here. I think I'm ging to take the summer semester off and enjoy myself and spend some extra time with the family. We've had exactly one nice day here so far and on that day I took my two year old out fishing. It was to windy for the fly rod, but he made me take it anyway because he likes it. The water is still really cold and the gills weren't reallly active, but he did manage to land one little sunfish on a silver jig that I recieved in a swap that is now put away for safe keeping. He was so excited, it was a ton of fun, and he really enjoyed himself.

Photobucket

It was so nice out he refused to keep his shoes on, I told him about hooks and eventually got him to put them back on.

Photobucket

I am supposed to pick up a small 15ft aluminum boat from my Dad this week, and am thinking of buying a melting pot and mold to make some jigs. We have a couple of nice inland lakes nearby that I would love to be able to crappie fish on, I just need to decide on the best sizes. I also have access to a ton of free lead, so this seems like it might be something fun to do this summer.

I finished up my swap flies fo the ant swap, as well as the bluegill invitational on FTF, unfortunately I didn't take any pics before sending them off. Hopefully someone will post pics so I can add them to the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he was having a blast! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did, we've gone back twice since and each time he stays a little longer. He ask's almost everyday to go, but our weather has been so bad we haven't had the chance much.

    ReplyDelete