Friday, April 1, 2011

New popper

Did a couple this way. I have a couple of different color combos in mind for some of the remainder of the poppers I have already prepped. I am thinking of combining the two I have posted here to see how it would look with the blended colors and the dots on the same popper. For some reason the dots just seem to look right on the poppers, the one I did where I just blended the colors with the brush just seems so plain to me. Is it just me or is using dots where it's at? I'm starting to run low on the prepped bodies now, hope my shipment comes soon I'm having a blast experimenting with these. I did take advantage of the sale at the Fly Tyers Dungeon, and also ordered a ton of Congo hair to do some baitfish patterns with. We're supposed to get some good weather here soon so hopefully some of these new flies will see some time. Onto the pics!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wes,

    I dont think it looks bad. It takes a while to get the dots right. I am still trying myself but looking back on those flies I did a year or two ago, I can see a big difference. What are you using to make the dots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a toothpick on this one. I have some small brass rods I want to turn down and use as a permanent applicator. I think I went to heavy on the white on the bottom, otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. It looks better in person, the pic didn't turn out great, the lighting was off that day.

    ReplyDelete